In the History Room there are photocopies of these sale particulars, and parts of the associated map showing most of the plots. The auction took place at the Lion Hotel Guildford on Wednesday July 23 1924, and the auctioneer was Mr George Drewitt (ref 352). The auction followed the death of Henry Morris Chester of Poyle Park (1852-1923).
The "agricultural properties and valuable building land" sold included:
- A row of building plots on the Guildford Road near Wyke School; and a parcel of land, of 4a 1r 34p, with long road frontage onto School Lane Wyke.
- A parcel of 2374 acres of meadow almost adjoining Ash Green Station let to Mr HT Murrell; and a parcel of 1879
acres of arable land also adjoining Ash Green Station with road frontage of 220 feet let to AEK Cull.
- Bushey Lees Farm, a Dairy Farm of 28.5 acres, including a brick and slate cottage, timber and slate shed and timber shed, let to Mr A Annells. Shooting let to Mr Henry Jones.
- Bushey Lees cottages let to Mr Norman and Mr South.
- Hartshorn cottage formerly known as the Hartshorn Inn and a timber built and tiled shed.
- Land adjoining Elstowe in Ash Street let to James Neave.
- Woodroffe Cottage with road frontage to Wyke Lane let to Henry Bennett.
- Part of Follyhatch Field containing 10920 acres with road frontage to Wyke Lane let to Mr A Gower and Mr H Bennett.
- Smallholding of 10902 acres let to Jas Harwood.
- Follyhatch Cottages (in Follyhatch Lane) let to Mrs Barnes and Mr Harrison. Sandpit farm, 22401 acres, with frontage on the Guildford Road.
- Wyke Roughs and Sandpit Cottages let to Stephen Marshall.
- Building plots along the Pirbright Road. The old brickworks on Wyke Heath. A small corner plot adjoining Wyke School, let to Henry Weston.
- A smallholding on the Pirbright Road known as Capel Field, let to Mrs Hogsflesh and Luke Hogsflesh Jun.
- A plot of land of 2303 acres with frontages on the Pirbright Road and Guildford Road.